Hungarian Mushroom soup is a fabulous soup recipe flavored with dill, paprika, lemon and other strong flavors. Sour cream is stirred into the soup at the end, resulting in a creamy soup you won’t be able to stop eating. Serve this easy Hungarian soup recipe with crusty bread.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups half and half or milk
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- chopped fresh dill or parsley, for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook the onions and mushrooms in a large soup pot in the butter until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth wine, dill, thyme, paprika and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until it reduces by half, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and flour until smooth. Whisk the mixture into the soup and cook about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the sour cream and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Heat through.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.