Tender sirloin steaks are cooked with garlic and then bathed in a rich, creamy mushroom gravy. This Amish know how to eat steaks! This easy steak and gravy recipe is quick to make and will fill you up. Serve with rice or potatoes to take full advantage of the delicious mushroom gravy.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 sirloin steaks (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups half and half or heavy cream
Here’s how to make it:
- To make the steaks, season them with salt and pepper. Add the butter to a skillet and melt over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the steaks and cook until browned on both sides and to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To make the gravy, add the mushrooms to the same skillet and cook until soft and browned, about 6 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the onion and cook until onion is soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Pour in the half and half and whisk. Bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the steaks into the mushroom gravy and cook just to heat through.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.